Aims and Ethos
Our aim is to provide a stimulating and happy environment where each child is independent, valued, challenged and safe.
We will provide this by:
- Working with parents as partners to establish positive relationships.
- Developing child-led learning that is play based
- Putting the child at the centre of the planning, observation and assessment cycle
- Ensuring equality of opportunity and regard for all our children through the encouragement of positive self-esteem, self-confidence and behaviour
- Utilising our unique partnership with the children’s centre and the wider community
- Celebrating the achievements and successes of all our children and staff
- Maintaining a leadership team that challenges and supports
- Creating a well-resourced environment in which children are engaged and feel safe to take risks
- Ensuring diversity is celebrated
- Providing well qualified, positive and caring staff
- Ensuring all children are safe, protected and secure.
This Mission Statement and aims was developed through consultation with management, staff, parents, children, governors and representatives from the wider community.
Our nursery children told us that they like:
“Playing with my friends”
“Playing with brushes in the water outside”
“Digging in the sand
"Playing in the Mud Kitchern"
“helping make snack for my friends"”
We asked what would make school even better:
“Some white curtains with red dots on the doors”
“A dragon train track with carriages and whistling noises”
The adults at nursery:
“look after you”
“play with us and look after us at Forest schools”
“help us tidy up”
“cuddles to make you feel better”